The Educational Foundation of Dexter will be accepting grant submissions for our Spring 2018 cycle.
All grant proposals must be submitted to your building Principal/Director by March 15, 2018.
The deadline for grant submission to EFD is March 31, 2018.
The EFD funds two grant types:
- EFD Grants for Student Programs – provides funding for enrichment opportunities for students.
- EFD Donor Advised Grants for Training – The anonymous donor of these funds has designated that they be used to improve teaching-learning effectiveness. New ideas and techniques shall, in turn, be shared with other Dexter Community Schools educators. All Dexter Community Schools employees are eligible.
Grant Submission Instructions
1. All grant proposals must be given to building principals for review BEFORE submitting the final grant application with our online Grant Submission Form.
2. Make a copy of this google doc, Grant Submission Worksheet , to develop your application and provide it to your principal/director for review.
3. Final grant applications are submitted via the online Grant Submission Form no later than midnight on March 31, 2017
4. Grants will be reviewed by the EFD Board and all awards will be announced by late April 2018.
Donor Advised Scheduling Note: Training opportunities that come up “off-cycle” and do not have a 6 month advance notice in which to respond, MAY be submitted for early review via our EFD building representative liaison, Cassy Korinek at email@example.com. For example, if notice of a great opportunity is received in late May that is to occur during the summer months, that opportunity would be missed in the standard review cycle. In cases like these, we will make every attempt to see that your request is reviewed.
For a teacher perspective on grant writing you may also contact Cassy Korinek, EFD building representative liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grant Awardee Requirements
Authors of approved grants will be required to complete the Grant Impact Form.
Please let us know how this impacted your students! The information you provide helps the EFD promote our grant program within the Dexter community. Providing this feedback is an essential element of our grant review process. Completion of this form will be taken into consideration for your future grant proposals.
Thanks for your ideas and creativity!
The EFD Grants Committee
Lori Moss – EFD President
Cassy Korniek – EFD Building Representative Liaison