The Educational Foundation of Dexter will be accepting grant submissions for our Spring 2017 cycle.
The deadline for entry is Tuesday, May 2, 2017.
The EFD funds two grant types:
- EFD Grants for Student Programs – provides funding for enrichment opportunities for students.
- EFD Donor Advised Grants for Training – The anonymous donor of these funds has designated that they be used to improve teaching-learning effectiveness. New ideas and techniques shall, in turn, be shared with other Dexter Community Schools educators. All Dexter Community Schools employees are eligible.
Grant Submission Instructions
1. All grant proposals must be given to building principals for review BEFORE submitting the final grant application with our online Grant Submission Form. Your grant proposal must be provided to your building principal for review no later than Tuesday, April 25, 2017.
Use the Grant Submission Worksheet to both develop your application and provide it to your principal for review.
2. Final grant applications are submitted via the online Grant Submission Form no later than midnight on Tuesday, May 2, 2017.
3. Grants will be reviewed the EFD Board and all awards announced by Wednesday, May 17, 2017.
Donor Advised Scheduling Note: Training opportunities that come up “off-cycle” and do not have a 6 month advance notice in which to respond, MAY be submitted for early review via our EFD building representative liaison, Cassy Korinek at email@example.com. For example, if notice of a great opportunity is received in late May that is to occur during the summer months, that opportunity would be missed in the standard review cycle. In cases like these, we will make every attempt to see that your request is reviewed.
For a teacher perspective on grant writing you may also contact Cassy Korinek, EFD building representative liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grant Awardee Requirements
Authors of approved grants will be required to complete the Grant Feedback Form.
- Part 1 MUST be completed immediately – before your grant funds are utilized
- Part 2 will be completed after the funds are used.
- Part 3 requires you to provide any photos that the EFD may use for promotional purposes on our website
- Keep in mind that the quality of the feedback provided will greatly affect the EFD’s ability to promote the efforts of our school community and our ability to raise funds for future grant awards.
Failure to complete these requirements WILL be taken into consideration when reviewing any future grants you submit.
Thanks for your ideas and creativity!
The EFD Grants Team
Regina Bell – Grants Data Manager
Maureen Hennessy – President, DCS Admin Liaison
Cassy Korniek – EFD Building Rep. Liaison