What types of things are not historically funded by the EFD?
Although every grant is reviewed based on the benefits and opportunities it will provide our students, there are several items that have not historically been funded by the EFD:
- Core curriculum staff salaries
- Core curriculum textbooks or supplies
- Consumables (i.e. offices supplies, paper, markers, food, etc.)
- Transportation costs
- Gifts or rewards for volunteers (i.e. pizza lunch for parent volunteers)
- Technology that falls under the district’s Technology Bond
- Supplies, technology, or equipment that should be provided by the district per a student’s IEP
- Structural repairs or improvements to buildings
- Nonspecific items (items a grant writer will determine at a later date)
When does the Ed Foundation review and approve grants?
We approve grants twice each year:
- November (Fall)
- April (Spring)
What does the Ed Foundation fund?
The Ed Foundation funds sudent program grants that provide direct benefit for students. The Ed Foundation’s fundraising efforts are primarily focused on increasing the funds available for student program grants. These grants are reviewed and approved by the Ed Foundation Board.
How quickly will funds become available after my grant is approved?
We will meet to review and approve grants at our scheduled monthly Board Meeting. All applicants will be notified of the Board’s decisions within 7 to 10 days. If your grant is approved, the funds are immediately available for you to request.
How long are approved funds available?
Funds are available for the current school year after the date of notification.
How can I support the EFD?
One of our biggest challenges is spreading the awareness of the EFD and the programs we support throughout the community. We need your help!
- Include our logo and the fact the your grant was funded by the EFD in announcements to your parents.
- Affix labels to any physical items (i.e. calculators, tools, reference materials, sensory equipment, etc.) indicating that items were supplied with funds from the EFD.
- Provide photos, quotes, and testimonials that we can use to promote our efforts and your programs to the community and potential donors.
Who can I contact if I have any questions about the EFD?
Each building has a Building Liaison, conveniently available to answer questions or concerns you may have. You may also contact any Board Member – especially those directly involved with our Grants process – with your questions or concerns.
2019 – 2020 BUILDING LIAISONS
|Mill Creek||John Sperendi|
|High School||Alex Heidtke|
EFD GRANTS CONTACT INFORMATION
|Grants Committee||Sheetal Kothari, Kaitlyn Nelson and Bethany Platter|
|Teacher Liaison||Cassy Korinek|