To provide a $1,000 post-secondary scholarship to a Dexter High School senior for enrollment in a college/university, vocational/technical school, art or design school
• Student is a graduating Dexter High School senior
• Minimum 3.25 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 unweighted scale
• Extracurricular involvement
• Planned enrollment in a college/university or vocational/technical school, art or design school
• Scholarship awards will be paid directly to the school in which the awardee enrolls
• Children of current and past EFD board members are not eligible to apply
Scholarship recipients will be selected by the Educational Foundation of Dexter Board of Trustees.
1. Complete online application
2. Submit a copy of your high school transcript that includes your first semester senior-year grades and your cumulative grade point average computed on a 4.0 scale.
3. Submit THREE letters or recommendation from 1 teacher, 1 community member, and 1 personal reference
4. Submit (via online application) one essay of not more than 250 words that answers the following questions:
– How has a grant funded by the Educational Foundation of Dexter impacted your career as a student in Dexter?
– Why did you select this specific grant for your essay?
Transcripts and letters of recommendation may be:
• Submitted via email to email@example.com
• Delivered to the DHS Main Office, ATTN: Senior Scholarship 2016, Educational Foundation of Dexter
Completed online application must be received by midnight on April 24, 2016. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• The deadline for submission of printed or online applications is April 24, 2016
• The student who is chosen to receive the scholarship will be notified by May 7, 2016
• Scholarship will be presented on May 28, 2016 at the Senior Honors program