Nominate a staff member to be recognized for excellence in education!
Nominations are being accepted now.
Do your kids have great teachers this year? A favorite bus driver? Has someone gone above and beyond for your child or family? Well, now you can show your appreciation to the Dexter Community School’s entire staff with a Dread Strong Staff Appreciation Award by making a donation in their honor to the Educational Foundation of Dexter.
Who would you like to honor?
Teachers – Principals – Bus Drivers – Para Educators – Custodians – Office Staff – Student Teachers – Librarians – Coaches – Any current or former DCS employee
How will my nominee be honored?
- A certificate indicating his or her “above and beyond” actions
- His or her name engraved on Dread Strong Staff Appreciation Award plaque on permanent display in each building
- Recognition on our website as a Dread Strong Staff Appreciation Award recipient
Is it possible to honor a staffer who has since retired?
Yes – it is! Follow the steps below and we will make sure the award is delivered to your honoree or his or her family.
Where does my Dread Strong Award money go?
- For over 33 years, the Educational Foundation of Dexter has been an invaluable resource for our dedicated teachers and staff to obtain funding for enhanced learning opportunities. Since our inception in 1984, the foundation has awarded over $850,000 in the form of teacher grants, that support students from Pre-K to 12th Grade in the Dexter Community Schools.
- Your donation will be allocated for Dexter Community Schools teacher grants program and the Senior Scholarship Award that the Educational Foundation of Dexter provides.
- Here are some of the grants supported by the Educational Foundation of Dexter
How to Nominate and Donate?
Fill out the Dread Strong Staff Appreciation Award form here to nominate.
___ Mail check to The Educational Foundation of Dexter at: P.O. Box 385, Dexter, MI 48130
(checks made out to “The Educational Foundation of Dexter”)
___Drop it off at your school’s front office in an envelope marked for The Educational Foundation of Dexter
___ Pay online via PayPal on the The Educational Foundation of Dexter website
Any nominations received by the end of the school year will be in the DCS staffer’s hands by June 14th. Thanks!